This post is primarily aimed at Freelancers however will be just as useful for those working in the web design industry who speak to clients on a daily basis.
What is it?
Web conferencing allows anyone, anywhere to instantly share their desktop and ideas online with other users simultaneously.
- Real time collaboration (Including mouse and Keyboard sharing)
- Synchronise live presentations, webpage’s and whiteboard
- Educate and train (Very useful for showing clients how to user their new CMS etc)
- Record and playback your webcast
- Host live seminars
Why use web conferencing?
List below will vary depending on the app.
- Become more productive
- Save money on travelling costs
- Save time
- No hassle
- Browser based (No installation required)
- Suitable for a 2 person meeting or a 200 people meeting
- Generally FREE for up to 20 users forever
- Quite cheap for premium service
- “The next best this to meeting in person” – Abode.
8 Web Conferencing/Meeting Apps for Freelancers for Real-time Collaboration
OK… This is probably not in the budget of most freelancers however if you have the full Microsoft Office Suite then you can probably do some bargaining with Microsoft…
Some of the above are awesome products. The free limitations are more than enough for freelancers and most web design agencies also.
By making full use of them, you clients will no doubt be impressed. Not only this, but you’ll save a huge amount of time throughout the year. I’ve been in the situation of a 2 hour phone call explaining how to use the basics of WordPress will I could have done this in under an hour using web conferencing!