18 Vital iOS apps for Web Designers and Developers

Ahmed January 17, 2011 9

Being a web designer or developer, you might be in a design block or might have some problems with code so you take a trip away from your machine and suddenly have a brainwave of solutions – This is where your iOS device will come in handy. Other than this, there are a multitude of apps that will make you more productive even when sat in front of your machine. I’ve not listed every app under the sky but some of the more useful ones.

18 Vital iOS apps for Web Designers and Developers

iSpy Analytics

Some users may complain of the lack of advance features but this is perfect for the mobile. It’s free and developed by a reputable company so works quite well.

FTP On The Go

Access, edit and modify files!

Take a pic, upload, wait a few seconds and discover the font.

Needs no introduction

Remember the milk

Excellent (probably the best) to-do app and syncs with your online account.

For all you freelancers out there.

Contact clients via the mobile

Source Viewer

Who doesn’t love the <p> tags?

Color Expert

Excellent tool for both designers and developers. in the middle of a colour block?

Excellent RSS Feed reader that syncs with your Google Reader account and it’s FREE!

I prefer this over the office Twitter app as it allows multiple accounts and syncs with your online Hootsuite account! (it’s all about the sync these days)

Keep client payment/bill details on the go.

iBlueSky (mindmapping)

Like putting mind maps together?

Server Status

Monitor server downtime.

There are many cheatsheet apps available that I though would list together here:

So there you have it. If you’re an iPhone/iPod/iPad user and a web designer/developer, you shouldn’t be without most of the apps above! Have I missed anything?

1. Wireless Router Review January 27, 2011 at 10:35 - Reply

I couldnt agree more with this list.

I definitely feel that you have 100% picked all of the vital iOS apps.

I havent used iSpy, so I will check that one out!

2. g.evans February 7, 2011 at 09:30 - Reply

I am not an iPhone user but I particularly liked the ‘WhatTheFont’ tool, this is something I would find very useful in daily life. This sort of technology should be being pushed, take a photo and the app closely matches it to a font, brilliant.

I also thought the paypal app was good. Particularly useful when owed money or paying bills with your friends.

3. creativeboulder September 25, 2011 at 07:26 - Reply

Very nice list. I agree as most of them are Productivity Applications.

I would like to add StatFever for FeedBurner Statistics, Ego for quick Google Analytics, Twitter (among other) stats, Reeder for RSS Feeds (using Google Reader as a login) and iAWSManager for Amazon CDN and Web Services management. Just a few I really like.

Nice article. Thanks.

4. Peter Johnson November 7, 2011 at 15:00 - Reply

Whether you are a web designer, or anyone else with a product, service, or website where you often end up answering the same questions from your users, then we think you will find our “FAQ” app can help to take the pain out of your customer support.

Developed by Soluble to handle our popular “MailShot Pro” group email app, this new app stores all the answers, information, images and diagrams you might need. You can answer many of the emails you most often receive in a few taps. It is an ideal way for solo developers to continue to give a responsive service when you are away from your desk.

More info on http://solubleapps.com/faq/
    You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XzzaoqzSOs
    iTunes http://www.itunes.com/apps/faq

5. software development November 16, 2011 at 04:51 - Reply

Hi! i read your post and i believe that developer and designer has to be “think out of the box.” i like your post. thanks for sharing.

6. Eric Lenhard December 13, 2011 at 13:12 - Reply

That is a great list, I’m going to check out some of them.
    I’ve used a couple of these apps even today.

7. Paul Elaine January 17, 2012 at 10:37 - Reply

WhatTheFont really impressed me, it can save a lot time of Web Designer/Developer. Because sometime we saw font but didn’t know what the name it has, so it can be very useful.

8. Sophia December 19, 2012 at 11:55 - Reply

Here’s one more you’ll find useful!

MobiHelp – an iOS mobile SDK that gets a fully functional help desk right within your app. Check out: http://freshdesk.com/mobihelp

Leave A Response »